Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Am A "Night Owl"

Not by choice, to be perfectly honest. I want to go to sleep at night. Drift off to dreamland around 10 or 11PM, but I find I can't. Sometimes I intentionally force myself to stay up a full day at a time so I can actually go to sleep at night. Does it work? Only briefly. Within two or three days, I am once again staying up until 4 or 5. In this case? 7AM. I've talked to my doctor about it, he says it has nothing to do with insomnia... since, when I'm sleepy, I rest for a good 6-8 hours before awakening again. So, it's pretty obvious if I ever find a job, it'll have to be a night shift job.

So, I question why I am up at night when the majority of the people in my time zone are sawing logs. Maybe my body has just gotten used to staying up at night after excessive nights of doing so, talking to friend's in the past, or playing those pesky MMOs back in 2007-2008. Maybe I'm just afraid, deep down, to sleep at night, and feel safer sleeping when the sun is out and when my room mate is up.

I honestly, don't know. And, I do apologize for this post, as it's completely out of left field. It's just something I've been thinking about lately, and this being a community, I figured: Why not? There's no harm in getting something out, right? Do you guys perchance, have weird thoughts like this, or weird sleeping patterns/habits?

1 comments:

Samantha Montgomery said...

It's perfectly reasonable to be what most people call a "Night Owl" because that's how people whom stay up all night long and such are classified in society, but thinking it's weird isn't really that necessary honestly. Since all things mostly boil down to the one simple thing, how we let our lives unfold, you just made choices which doesn't really have affect on your life or scheduling, but speaking from experience here, there is no reason to fear it or even worry, it's just all natural.

Also sleeping patterns for me are very scarce in some retrospect i sometimes don't manage to sleep at night much or go to bed way too late at like 2 am, due to me always working my ass off on something.

Post a Comment